Warning signs that show you need to find a new job
If you are always struggling to find the motivation to go to work and you have the feeling that you cannot adapt with the people you are working with, then it’s time to explore for other job opportunities. It is easier said than done. The fear of the unknown is the reason that is keeping you not to quit your job. You should keep in mind that staying at that job will actually prevent you from working in an interesting and well-suited job for you.
If you don’t like the job or the people that you are working with, then this is one of the signs that you should look for another job. Another sign would be if your job is negatively affecting your personal life.
Some of the warning sign that shows that you need a new job are:
- You don’t get paid as much as you should;
- You don’t like the people you are working with;
- You are having sleep problems;
- You have a headache, getting sick easier and signs of other physical symptoms from stress;
- You started drinking and smoking as a way of avoiding your problems;
- You’ve lost your appetite;
- You are struggling to wake up in the morning;
- You are less productive;
- You’ve lost your passion and most of the time you are bored;
- You’re wasting your time on social networks, etc.
The above-mentioned warning signs can be identified as indicators for emotional, personal and physical problems, but if you are having work-related stress and you are having these symptoms, it is time to look for a new job.
If you decide to quit your work, don’t quit immediately. Start to look for a new job and update your CV. It is easier to find a job while you are working.